You are here
Market Spaces > Health Care > Medical Test Strips
Medical Test Strips
Polyester film offers unique benefits when used as the substrate for medical test strips:
- Inert and plasticiser free: no migration of species to the surface over time.
- High stiffness: thinner films retain rigidity when inserted into reading devices.
- Dimensionally stable to changes in humidity.
- Dimensionally stable to changes in temperature, which can be further improved by subsequent annealing: retain tight registration during strip printing.
- Tight caliper control: reliable insertion into reading devices.
- On some grades, the film surface can be modified to improve ink adhesion or to make the surface hydrophilic.
DuPont Teijin Films offers a wide range of Melinex®, Mylar® and films which are suitable for medical test strips. These include:
- Brilliant white with high opacity, translucent white, matte and glossy clear films
- Low shrinkage and ultra-low shrinkage films
- Films which are uncoated, primed for adhesion of dielectric ink, or gelatin-coated for hydrophilicity