MYLAR® H2OEX biaxially-oriented film
Patented MYLAR® H2OEX biaxially-oriented film is designed to extend the shelf life of fresh-cut fruits and vegetables.
- High water vapor transmission rate compared to standard biaxially-oriented PET film (up to six times greater)
- Optimal management of water atmosphere within packaging
- Ability to reduce mold and product weight loss*
*Based on preliminary studies with certain fresh-cut produce.
- Mylar® H2OEX is designed for shelf life extension of fresh cut fruits and vegetables
- Patented bi-axially oriented polyester film with a high water vapor transmission rate
- Standard BOPET: WVTR = 20 g/square meter
- Mylar® H2OEX: WVTR = 120 g/square meter
- Mylar® H2OEX used in fresh cut produce packaging can be designed to optimally manage the water atmosphere within the package
- Preliminary studies have demonstrated certain fresh cut produce packaged in Mylar® H2OEX can have a dramatic increase in shelf life
- Reduction of the onset of mold
- Decrease in weight loss of the produce